First Aid @ Work requalification
This course is for those that hold a current Level 3 First Aid @ Work certificate that is due to expire.
The aim of this first aid course is to update learners existing skills and knowledge, ensuring they remain competent and confident in administering first aid within the workplace.
Course Duration and ratios
The course is run over 2 days and consists of 12 hours of contact learning time with an instructor:learner ratio of 1:12
The following first aid topics are covered during this first aid at work course:
Aims of first aid
- The importance of good hygiene during treatment
- CPR– adult, child and baby
- Choking – adult, child and baby
- Unconscious patient – recovery position and dealing with a patient with a seizure (fitting)
- Bleeding and shock – internal bleeding, cross infection and minor injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Recording incidents and first aid actions
- Medical conditions such as heart attack, stroke, diabetes, asthma etc…
- Suspected spinal injury and Manual Inline Stabilisation
- Skeletal injuries such as fractures, dislocation, sprains and strains
Must hold a current Level 3 First Aid @ Work qualification
Learners must be 16 years or over on the day of the course.
Learners must be physically able to take part in all practical sessions.
Assessment and Certification
Upon successful completion learners receive a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF), which is certified through the STA, an Ofqual accredited organisation. The assessment process consists of practical and formative assessment throughout as well as two sets of multiple choice question papers. Certification is valid for 3 years with the HSE strongly recommending that all learners undergo annual refresher programme.
If you have several employees that require training why not consider an onsite course. Blue Response are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements, for our full range of courses that we have to offer go to our workplace training and qualifications page