FREC LEVEL 3Your First Step To A Rewarding Pre-hospital Career
Suitable as an entry level qualification into the world of Event Medical and First Responding, our FREC 3 courses are taught by instructors with years of experience of working within the Event Medical industry, NHS or local Ambulance Trusts.
Roles and Responsibilities of Prehospital Care Providers including
- casualty, scene assessment and control
- priorities or treatment
- Consent and Patient/Treatment documentation
- preventing cross contamination
Airway management including
- airway adjuncts
- use of oxygen including therapy and during resus
- airway management during suspected spinal injury
- Adult, junior and baby resuscitation including CPR, AED, airway adjuncts and BVM
- catastrophic bleeds
- crash helmet removal
- immobilisation devices such as pelvic splinting, cervical collars, Kendrik and box splints
- mechanisms of injury
- open and closed chest injuries and the use of chest seals
- crush injuries
Medical Conditions/Emergencies including:
- heart attack and angina
- anaphylaxis and the use of adrenaline auto-injectors
- meningitis and septicaemia
- Exposure to the elements both heat and cold
- Anatomy and physiology of the circulatory and respiratory systems
And much more……
Pre-course Reading: It is advised that all candidates complete approximately 14 hours of self study prior to attending classroom sessions. We will email you links to relevant content upon booking.
Classroom based instructor lead sessions: Our FREC instructors have hands on experience of delivering prehospital patient care through event medical work or working for local ambulance services. The instructor lead learning is delivered via PowerPoint presentation, scenario-based learning, open discussions and formative and summative assessment. You will be required to complete Practical assessments as well as Multiple Choice and Anatomy & Physiology question papers.
The course will be run over 5 days with a minimum of 35 hours of contact learning hours with your instructor. Advised pre-course reading materials will be emailed to you upon booking
Enquire re Group Course Booking
Get in touch with the team at Blue Response to enquire about a group booking for FREC 3.