NVBLQ Proficiency test
The National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification is valid for a period of 24 months after passing the initial assessment. In order to keep this qualification valid, you must pass a proficiency test before the date of expiry, which will then keep the qualification valid for a further 12 months post retesting. .
- Be an existing member of SLSGB
- Hold an SLSGB Lifeguard qualification (the Validity of which must not have exceeded a 12 months period) For those that hold an RLSS Beach Lifeguard qualification you can RPL this over to SLSGB by contacting www.slsgb.org.uk This has to be done before booking with Blue Response
- Must be able to achieve the pre-requisites for the level of Lifeguard award you wish to achieve
- Timed swim in the pool of 400m in 8 minutes or less
- Timed run of 200m in 40 seconds or less
- Sea based tube rescues
- Sea based board rescues
- CPR and unconscious casualty management (adult, junior and baby)
- First aid scenarios
- Oxygen administration
- ILS Hand Signals
The assessment process should take around 4 hours however is dependent upon numbers on the day. The assessment is physically demanding, with the sea sessions taking place in cold water hence you will require the following kit in order to participate in this course:
- Full length wet suit (minimum of 3mm however 5mm preferred during the months of December, January, February & March)
- Neoprene boots/shoes (boots preferred during the months of December, January, February and March)
- Neoprene gloves (essential during the months of December, January, February and March)
- Neoprene hood/beanie (essential during the months of December, January, February and March)
- Running shoes/trainers
- Swimming costume
All up coming dates are available by clicking onto our individual booking link. Should you have a group requiring assessment we can work around dates and times that are suitable for you.
ENQUIRE RE GROUP COURSE BOOKING
Get in touch with the team at Blue Response to enquire about a group booking for National Beach Lifeguard Proficiency Test.